POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : To learn more pov... : To learn more pov... Server Time
4 Aug 2024 18:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  To learn more pov...
From: Jettero Heller
Date: 5 Mar 2003 10:00:12
Message: <web.3e661010d10fc1d8a3d219970@news.povray.org>
I intend to build a castle.  I'm very new to this game, so I want to make
sure I'm taking the right approach.  Well, for sure I want to build the
castle out of peices you could actually use... so I'm comming up with a
standard set of stones, boards, and logs.

Now, my question.  I wish to come up with a clever set of macros to keep
track of my blocks...  Clearly I'm not going to build each wall by hand, so
I'm going to use while loops.  What is the correct, or most bestest way to
assmble the stones?  I imagine I wish to have a set of functions or macros
to calculate the positions of stones in a series... Are there .inc files
that can help with that?  Is there an approach other than macros?

I do wish to be able to change the size of the stones and have the wall
reassmble itself properly.  At any rate, my first wall shouldn't be quite
as hard as my goban, because I know a bit of provray now. :)